Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre is a cultural facility of the Liverpool City Council on the banks of the Georges River. They have a busy schedule of exhibitions, performances, festivals, screenings, theatre and events across six galleries, two theatres and a large main hall.
We have an opening for a Registrar who will be responsible for managing and coordinating the registration, documentation, movement, preservation, and storage of the Liverpool City Council Art Collection and temporary loans for Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre in line with professional best practice standards for museums and galleries.
This role also coordinates and contributes to the ongoing development, interpretation, research, presentation, and promotion of the Collection. This role provides an exciting and ever-changing work life in a busy, creative environment, working within the Curatorial & Collections Team, with a strong focus on the Casula Powerhouse exhibition program.
The key responsibilities of this position are (but not limited to):
- Provide Collection related information to the Marketing and Communications team for all published material and assist with all collection media related strategies.
- Manage the contracting of professionals and ensure that all contractual conditions are met, and all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Work with key programming staff on the delivery of exhibitions and special events.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of the installation and de-installation of exhibitions at Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre, including induction and supervision of casual staff, contractors, and art handlers.
- Work closely with Council’s Operations Team Lead and Facilities Maintenance team to ensure that the Collection is tied to the maintenance and building programs.
Salary will be dependent upon the relevant skills, experience and competencies of the successful applicant.
For further information about the position please contact Luke Letourneau, Curatorial & Collections Team Lead on (02) 8711 7871.
How to Apply: Please click the 'Apply' button above. Applicants must submit a covering letter, current resume and response to the selection criteria questions which will be shown once you commence your application.
Click here for a copy of the position description
Liverpool City Council is committed to providing a working environment that supports all employees to reach their full potential.
To be eligible to apply for permanent positions at Liverpool City Council, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. For Temporary positions, you need a visa that gives you permission to work in Australia.